Sunday, June 19, 2011

What's up Frenchy McFrenchface?

I've been wondering when, précisément, this Francophilia of mine began.  Merde if I know.  But I do know WHY I love all things French.  Intéressé?  Well, you're here, and you're still reading this, so I'm assuming the answer is "oui," so here goes:

1.  Amelie - boy, do the French know how to make films (Umbrellas of Cherbourg being an exception... oh and that film where that guy throws himself off of a bridge because some girl he almost ran over with his car wouldn't run away with him, and some other woman falls down a flight of stairs and starts bleeding out her ear... I digress):

2.  Music - No one else has Edith:


3.  Cheese - I don't have to justify a fascination of a country that loves its cheese.

4.  Wine - or its wine.

5.  Art -   It's one thing that France has inspired its own to greatness; Rodin, Degas, Renoir.  But, it seems that artists of every ilk and every genre found their muse (or simply acceptance) here - Picasso,  Josephine Baker, Edna St. Vincent Millay.  Perhaps a Parisian muse will find me too.  She'll have a lot to overcome though.  You know, like my lack of an attention span and any sort of cultivated talent.  Whatever, it's her job to figure that out.

6.  Style - c'est magnifique!


7.  Kissing - c'mon... french kissing?   FRENCH kissing... they invented the best kind of kissing!

5 comments:

  1. Oh! I just love Amelie. Best movie ever. You're going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelie is amazing! And I need that pink couch! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. French = sexy, delicious, lovely. I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to read this blog and keep up with your voyage (en francais)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sacre fromage! You nailed all of the reasons on the head. Edith plus wine plus art is heaven. I often play my Edith Piaf Pandora station whilst drinking wine and painting. You have re-inspired my French obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I love the Title of this post especially.

    ReplyDelete