Monday, July 4, 2011

A New Independence...

In just 10 short days from our own independence I'll be witnessing first hand, a real deal, under the Eiffel Tower, Bastille Day Celebration. Apparently, the celebration is a two-parter. The night before Bastille Day (Bastille Day Eve... Le 14 juillet... how cute is that?) there are lots of celebrations about town, but the ones with the biggest draw and, what I'm counting on, the most "colorful" experiences, are what the French call Le Bal Des Pompiers, or Firemen Balls. Saying "Firemen Balls" never gets old. Ever. It's funny every time. Just be prepared, every story I ever tell about my trip to France will include comments such as, "Man, the Firemen Balls were awesome," or, "I really miss the Firemen Balls." And, I haven't perfected it yet, but given France's national colors, you can count on me coming up with the perfect Fireman's red, white and blue balls joke.

Now, here _____________, is where I was going to link to a Le Bal Des Pompiers (you know, the Firemen Balls) video. But, all the ones I could find included stripping firefighters or grainy tourist footage. And, while the stripping firefighters certainly have their appeal, I'm attempting to keep this blog at the very least, PG 13. Says the girl who's written the word "balls" 7 times in this post and giggled every time.

Anyhoo... part two of the celebration is actual Bastille Day, July 14. The day kicks off with a parade and ends with this:



Ooh, la, la indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment